Category Archives: Web Hosting
The way of getting into e-commerce business became easier than ever before. It’s possible to launch an eCommerce website just by utilizing some open source platforms, in some particular cases even in one day. The main problem is that availability of technology isn’t a key factor to getting the top. There are lots of foreseen and unforeseen challenges you may encounter. Your success depends significantly on your strategy before launching.
In this article we are going to take a closer look at the main in our opinion steps to get started in e-commerce business.
- Set your aims. Not to waste your time on some irrelevant steps you have to clearly realize what you want, what kind of products you are going to sell, what target audience better suits for selling your products and other important questions that have to be answered before delving into the process of your webstore building. You surely can try to answer all those questions yourself or you might turn to a consulting company that can help you to figure out what way to move.It decreases the number of obstacles you may encounter as well as helps you toprepare a brief list of aims you need attain to build your business.
- Look at competitors. After your business idea formation, there’s one more step you don’t have to disregard, and this is to look at your competitor’s businesses. From the first sight this might seem irrelevant, but to succeed you have to clearly understand what your competitors offer, what downsides they have and what you could learn from them. In other words, you could avoid making mistakes by watching other people make them. One more advantage of this step is that you are able to understand what customer audiences they are targeting, and build your own target audience strategy for your product or service to adhere to.
- Design vision. Now you know the details of your future business, your target audience and you are familiar with your competitors. The next step up the ladder should be design development. You have to create appealing, high quality and easy-to-read website with an intuitive navigation. One of the most essential things about quality design is that your customers don’t get distracted by unnecessary design elements and big amounts of text. They just have to focus on content as well as your brand value. Customers frequently associate website design with the quality of a brand, product or service.
- Choose an e-commerce platform. The core of your business is the platform you choose to develop your website. It’s a cornerstone of your business operations, ability to sell products and your user experience as well. There are lots of open source platforms out there and your choice has to depend on your business model complexity. Magento is a complex platform that has a big number of features available out of the box and it’s easily extendable if its out of the box functionality doesn’t cover your needs. To get result which will meet your expectations, it’s better to address to ecommerce web development company. In this case you can be sure that you get high quality website.
- Invest in promotion. Don’t expect that customers will just find your website, because you could wait for ages. The web is too big and the way to get attention of customers is investment in advertising, PR and SEO. Only by doing this you’ll obtain results and give your business an opportunity to develop and expand.
Well, it’s time to take action. Nothing ever happens if we don’t make efforts and don’t put our heart and soul into things we do.
1. Think & Build an idea
Think what you wish your future website to be. What audience can you cater? Everything you are doing should redound to their fulfillment. They will be visiting to get what they need. Be certain that their desires are answered. That approach they can be happy and will keep returning for additional. Not solely that, they will advocate your site to their friends if they realize it practical and nice.
2. Find a great host
Having a bunch isn’t that expensive. In reality you’ll get one at $seventy for 2 years. However, if you don’t wish to pay a single penny, there are tons of websites that are hosting free. The only thought is that their banner must be placed in your site. That for one may be a nice deal, isn’t it?
Almost hosting providers also provide an online website builder software or platform, to give the unlimited abilities to create many complete business websites.
3. Create your first web page
Do the layout and style your initial page. It will be easier and higher if you’ve got basic information in HTML. Though there are lots of What You See Is What You Get (WYSIWYG) editors, however you may create a better site using HTML. There are tutorial sections offered online. Take advantage on them and apply your information to the internet style you’re making.
Otherwise, there are many online platforms that allow you to create business websites, just find one of free website creator then start building your idea.
Observe the loading and also the navigation. Are they doing well? How about the web style, is it pleasing to the eyes? Are the fonts readable? Is that the content helpful? Are there errors in spelling and grammar? Better check all these very little details. They might be small details but they make up the entire website. Be careful in managing them. If there’s a need to redo the page do it. It will be disastrous if you’re displaying a complete trash.
4. Build a complete website
The goal is to draw in guests, keep them and to achieve more. Edit, proofread and edit additional. It pays off to have everything so as. Never sacrifice the standard of your web site. It is your frontline. It is that the one capable of attracting visitors that makes your business sell.
5. Upload whole website to your already host
After you are done with the pages and therefore the editing, you’ll submit them to your host. Wait for it to be shown in the web. Do not forget to update the pages often. You have got to be updated so as to not lose your target market. Otherwise, they can search for a higher web site that may satisfy their desires. You don’t wish that to happen, do you?
You may not understand it but your web site is already done. Easy as your ABC’s!
On the off chance that this is your inquiry as well, here is a sweeping rule for you on the subject. Ventures to take after for picking your web plan accomplice that add wings to your business:
- Innovation: Check whether your web design company Boston offers advancement right from the phase of conceptualization till the conveyance of your webpage. This advancement is only doing things any other way as you probably are aware champs in life don’t do diverse things; they do things another way! Convey that edge to your website through advancement so that your online guests don’t lose enthusiasm for no time vowing never to return.
2) Become noticeable in the group: Your site must emerge in the group. You are NOT the only one in the business sector offering the sort of item or administration you are in. The embodiment of your survival in business subsequently poses a potential threat on how you cut out your online character. According to the interest of the subject and in a state of harmony with your brief your web plan accomplice ought to convey both static and moving (with or without glimmer) pages which summarily make your webpage one of a kind.
3) Keyword staffing: Your web plan accomplice must have solid ability and involvement in picking the most suitable catchphrases for your website which guarantee higher page positioning in the web crawler results around the world. The employment of watchword staffing in synchronization with the cutting edge advances makes the ball moving here to support you.
4) Social media page fabricating: Your site ought to have online networking pages like g+1 and others. This guarantees higher page positioning in the internet searcher results.
5) Back connecting: Your site must have dynamic back connections per page that increases your site visits. Your site then appears in the higher pecking request of the internet searcher results.
6) International work culture: Your web outline accomplice ought to take after a genuine global work society 24×7 and 365 days a year. This works to support you as you will dependably discover your accomplice working for you available to your no matter what.
7) Content advertising: Post the presentation of Google Panda and Google Hummingbird content promoting has turned into the request of the day for all dynamic locales to score high page positioning in the indexed lists. Your web plan accomplice must give quality substance as a pre-imperative to fit the bill for your employment.
Check our web design work appropriately keeping your needs in perspective while selecting your web plan accomplice? Designating your employment of web planning just to anybody won’t fill any down to earth need. Take a shot at the rules set out above before contracting.
Little business sites are at times at first composed by the entrepreneurs themselves. The locales are frequently intended for the proprietors themselves with solid individual inclination despite the fact that the motivation behind the destinations is to satisfy the customers or clients. For expansive companies, the execution of an online nearness may take after the periods of framework improvement from origination, investigation, configuration, and usage to client acknowledgment tests. A little business may set up another site in only a couple of hours.
A web index cordial outline is especially critical for little organizations. You need purchasers in your business sector to effortlessly discover your destinations from real web indexes. Little organizations don’t have sizable spending plan to advance the locales in other media, and much of the time, the web search tools may by the real hotspot for web movement.
The Internet is a platform for every business to make its presence felt. In order to maintain a website, a web service provider needs to be contacted for hosting. You need to make a choice between shared and dedicated hosting. It would be impossible for a company to make this choice in haste, and it needs to consider many things before taking a final call.
What is Shared Hosting?
Also known as virtual hosting, it occurs when you dish out a monthly fee to a third-party service provider in order to use his equipment for your web server. The service provider handles everything ranging from backup and security to setting up the server and managing the bandwidth. The sole task of your company in this scenario will be to develop the content for your website.
In this type, you end up sharing the server where your website is placed, with many other websites. This has various pros and cons, but the biggest disadvantage is the fact that you end up sharing many resources. It is also possible that the traffic on your website would be affected by the traffic on other websites, hosted on the same server.
Sharing the IP Address: Since you are sharing the server with other websites, you will obviously have the same IP address. If these websites happen to be blacklisted for spamming or some other illegal activity, you would also suffer the consequences for the same. To avoid such a scenario, you should choose your web host responsibly.
Greater Response Time : If there are two or more websites on the same server, it goes without saying that the response time for each individual website would be longer. This will make the visitors wait longer and they might not wish to visit your website again.
Server Crashes Often: In many cases, if the server host does not monitor the activities properly, the server will get overloaded and crash. This occurs more frequently in shared hosting vis-a-vis dedicated hosting. Choosing a web host that is reliable and well-known will help you avoid such a situation.
Cost-effective: The most important benefit is the cost factor. Since you are sharing the server with other websites, it is pretty economical. Also the maintenance and monitoring of the server is not your responsibility, so you do not have to divert resources towards it.
Hardware and Security: As with any web based activity, good security is essential. This is handled by the service provider and you need not worry about it. The web host also provides the required hardware, so you do not have to invest any resources there.
What is Dedicated Hosting?
As opposed to shared server hosting, dedicated hosting carries greater efficiency, provides more security, and entails lesser problems. Dedicated web hosting service is mostly used by big corporations and businesses that see a large amount of traffic. It simply means that your web server sits on its own box which is partly managed by the service provider. It is completely opposite to shared hosting, and means that the server is entirely dedicated to your needs and web traffic alone.
Faster Response: Since the server is solely dedicated to your website alone, the response time will be much lesser as there are smaller lines that the visitors have to wait in. This helps to maintain the level of traffic on your website.
No Bandwidth Restrictions: On shared server hosting, each website has a limit of bandwidth and it cannot be crossed. This is not applicable as far as dedicated server hosting is concerned. The entire bandwidth available on the server lies at your disposal.
Greater Control: In this case, you are the boss. Nobody’s activities can harm the functioning of your website. You are free to install any application and you can also carry out script testing as regularly as you want. You’re given much more freedom, as running your website smoothly is entirely your own responsibility in this case.
Higher Cost: Since you are monitoring and regulating the server yourself, the costs incurred by you will be greater. You will have to invest more on hardware and security, and regularly carry out maintenance checks. As a result of all this, the price will go up and due to this very fact, dedicated server hosting is chosen only by big web-based companies, social networking sites, or large corporations.
Greater Security: As compared to shared hosting, you can achieve greater levels of security in dedicated hosting. Again, this stems from the fact that you are in control of the security measures and you can adopt whatever means you find appropriate and necessary. The web host will also provide you with backups in this case.
Now that the difference between shared and dedicated hosting is clear, the question is which is better. The truth of the matter is that you cannot say that one of these methods is better than the other. You can only decide which method is more suitable for your business needs. The size of your company will also help you determine if you should opt for either.
Difference Between Shared and VPS Hosting
Both services are designed to keep your website up 24×7 and they differ substantially in the amount of control that a webmaster gets in hosting the website and other facilities.
A shared hosting service manages multiple websites through the same server software. The resources of the server are divided to host every one of the websites. Each website may be provided with a separate hard drive volume, to host its web pages.
The user control is provided through software programs installed on the server like DirectAdmin, Plesk, cPanel, and InterWorx. Using these web-based control systems, the webmasters can upload and make changes to the content of their web pages. Most of the standard applications are made available to webmasters, but the entire job of server maintenance and software upgrades is handled by the hosting company.
If you need advanced software development for your website, shared web hosting is not the ideal choice. The operating system used is mostly Linux. A typical service will offer you plenty of hard drive space on the server, FTP, mySQL databases, and email. Such a service can also be run privately and is known as server colocation.
A VPS (virtual private server) service offers a separate operating system for every web site, along with dedicated RAM, which allows a webmaster to have complete control over site management and also provides the freedom to carry out advanced software development. So, even though your website shares the same machine with other websites, your own operating system is isolated. These services provide high bandwidth and the user is completely in charge of server administration. These are ideal for websites with moderate level traffic and plenty of online software features.
When you analyze the security features of both services, it will be realized that VPS is more secure than shared hosting. If one website that is a part of the shared hosting program is hacked, all other websites shared on it are vulnerable to hacking attacks. On the other hand, since VPS services offer a separate operating system, they are more secure. So, if you are looking for a high level of security and expecting a high amount of traffic, VPS is a better choice.
Not surprisingly, VPS is costlier compared to shared hosting services as they offer dedicated RAM, more facilities, and a greater level of security. These services charge upwards of USD 30 per month to more than USD 100 per month for hosting your website. On the other hand, a shared hosting service has a starting cost around USD 7 per month, which may range up to USD 20 for greater number of facilities and bandwidth. Ergo, it has advantages when it comes to cost. If you are looking for low-cost web hosting, this is the hosting type you should go for.
For small websites with very limited traffic, shared hosting is the cheapest and most cost-effective option, but it provides very limited amount of control to the user. On the other hand, for websites with a greater amount of traffic load and more functionality, a VPS service is ideal. Analyze your web hosting requirements and your budget to decide which of the two services will be ideal for your website.
What exactly is web hosting?
In simple words, a web hosting is an entity which hosts a website, like our very own buzzle.com, or any web service like facebook, pinterest, twitter, etc. A website is made up of resources like multimedia content, CSS and Java scripts, compressed archives, .php and .html files, databases, etc. These resources will have to stay somewhere on the Internet, accessible to anyone using certain web protocols.
Why you cannot use free cloud storage for building a website?
You cannot upload the resources required to build a website to free cloud storage service like Dropbox, or Google Drive, OneDrive, etc., and then use them as building blocks for your website. Web hosting is much more than mere online storage. It employs the use of many Internet protocols like HTTP, FTP, POP, IMAP, etc., and also has a powerful CPU to process the requests for resources made by visitors to a website.
Why do you need to register a domain?
Technically speaking, you can build and take your website online even without buying a domain name. This is contradictory to what I mentioned in the beginning of the article, but let me explain it first. Your web hosting company will give you an IP address (for e.g., 126.96.36.199) for accessing your website. With this address, you and web crawlers can access your website, but what about other people? We humans are not very good at remembering numbers. Compare the amount of cell phone numbers you remember with the number of websites you visit on a daily basis (Facebook, Google, Buzzle, Twitter, and Gmail included). For most of the cases, the latter number will overshadow the first one. And, this is why you should mask the IP address of your website with a domain name. That’s why you should register an appropriate domain name for your website.
An easy to remember and relevant domain name will increase the chances of it being remembered by your audience. A domain name can be yours for only a certain number of years. Of course, you can renew it for as long as you like, but you cannot pay for it for the next 100 years in one go. Domain names are unique. No two websites on the Internet can have the same domain name. Also, a quick tip is to always register a domain name relevant to the topic of your website.
If you still have any doubt related to domain name registration and web hosting, then please do sound off in the comments. Our expert community will be happy to help you.
A domain name is your name, or your business name, on the Internet. It is the address with which people will find your website. For example, www.buzzle.com is a domain name. This domain name must be purchased from a domain name registrar who is registered with the ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers).
After that is taken care of, there is the data that is shown on your website, like your webpages, images, and so on. That needs to be stored somewhere, so that when someone checks your website, they can see the data online. A web hosting company will provide this service for you by providing you with space on their servers. This is a web or an Internet hosting service.
Of course, these are the basic concepts of a web hosting service. Most web hosting companies will also incorporate domain registration services within their service profile, and combine both these functions. It has also become customary nowadays to combine this with email hosting services as well, to generate additional functionality for customers.
However, emerging technologies have given rise to several more services which can be effectively combined with these provisions. Let us look at a few of these services.
This is a kind of service where the customer can lease an entire server, which is not shared by anyone else. Thus, the customer has full control over the server, which means he can choose his operating system, install his own software and hardware, and so on. Some Internet hosting service providers may also include server administration services as an add-on. But larger corporations may choose to take care of their administration needs themselves. This is a solution which is quite useful for large corporations, who may have a large amount of data on these servers which can be accessed via their website. This also involves taking security measures, such as firewalls, to ensure the security of the data.
Virtual Private Server
This is a kind of server space where a technology known as ‘virtualization’ allows many servers to run on the same physical server. What happens is that the server is partitioned into multiple servers. Each of these servers has the capability to run on its own machine and be booted independently. These services are often less costly than dedicated hosting services. Another advantage to customers is that they can install several programs on these servers, and run them on their websites.
A shared hosting service is a service, wherein, several sites can be hosted on the same server. Each site has its own partitioned server space, and all the website owners share the costs of hosting between themselves. This solution is very cost-effective and quite popular with most people on the Internet who want to host simple and small websites.
Free Web Hosting
Who hasn’t heard of this service? Almost everyone on the Internet wants to go for anything that is available for free. However, free web hosting services usually provide you with a sub-domain on their website domain, such as www.subdomain.domainname.com, or they may provide a directory on their domain, such as www.domainname.com/yourdirectory.
This is a kind of a data center. The data that is stored on one server can be simultaneously stored on one or many different server(s). This service is provided by a colocation center. The idea is suitable for websites which run critical services, or for websites which need 24×7 connectivity for their customers. So in case one server fails, the site is managed via another server. Also in case of data loss on one server, the data back-up is immediately available from the other server.
This is one of the services which are considered de rigueur for many website hosting providers. This means that the website owner gets a certain number of email accounts which have his website address in it, such as email@example.com, where a person working with Buzzle.com has his company domain name in his e-mail address. Depending upon the website hosting service plan one purchases, a certain number of email addresses can be configured and used.
This is another service that has come up in recent years. A blog or a weblog is a software which contains a content management system. These applications are usually available on the Internet to be downloaded and installed on the web servers. However, nowadays, most web hosting services also provide pre-installed hosting plans for blogs. This means, that the software is already installed on the server and you can choose to activate it, should you choose to put up a blog on your website.
E-commerce and Business Web Hosting
This is a solution package offered by several service providers for companies which carry on their business or sales activities via the Internet. An e-commerce hosting plan may, therefore, include different add-ons, such as shopping cart software, an online payment gateway solution, and, in some cases, even a merchant account online. The solution is customized for different businesses as well.
Thus, we can see that having a website has now opened up a variety of avenues for companies wanting to expand their business, cut their costs, and increase their global presence, due to the various web hosting services available on the Internet.